February 26, 2017
DU: More Popcorn
An anonymous donator got us a mystery Sega C2 pcb. Turns out it's Soreike Anpanman Popcorn Factory.
A new version (for MAME 0.183 - only arcade sets) available here: pS Series.ini Page.
Whatsnews 0.183 (26.02.2017):
Items RENAMED (7): (galpans2) to (galpans2j), (kof99k) to (kof99ka), (pitboss) to (pitboss04), (pitbossa) to (pitboss03), (pitbossa1) to (pitboss03a), (pitbossb) to (pitbossps) and (pitbossc) to (pitbossm4).
Series UPDATED (8): Defender, Dolphin Treasure, Dungeons & Dragons, Gals Panic, King of Fighters, Pit Boss, Star Horse and Virtual On.
UnOfficial Command.dat 0.183
Online the update versione of COMMAND.dat aligned to MAME 0.183.
Download from here.
* 0.03 0.183 26/02/2017: 6 items added, 3 renamed, 4 fixed and 1 deleted.
BestGames.ini Aligned To 0.183
Ready and online the BESTGAMES.ini file aligned to MAME 0.183 and available here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/bestgames/
Inspired rankings.ini files, this .ini file is my personal ranking of the arcade games that MAME; to create the file is examined the whole set, but excluding:
• Not Working
• Home Systems
The list of supported games is generated by this research: http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/?search=mame...orkingimperfect Remember that it is personal assessments, which are affected by many factors. These are not general acceptance charts. If there are marks that you feel obviously wrong, send me an email indicating the name of the game (according to the MAME description) and the vote that you would like him to be assigned. I will consider all your mails.
* 2017/02/25 0.4: Online the version 0.183 (578 games still up to assign).
* 2017/02/15 0.3: Revised many games (with the modification of the votes).
February 25, 2017
Ready and online the version (0.71 for MAME 0.183) available here: pS Languages.ini Page.
* 2017/02/25 0.71: Added 0.183 sets.
* 2017/02/01 0.70: Fixed (polyplay2) language.
MAME Roulette Viewer's Choice Extravaganza
The MAME Roulette Viewer's Choice Extravaganza starts on Saturday, Feb 25 at 12pm PST / 3pm EST! Still taking game nominations!
DU: Skating On Thin Ice
We dumped a seemly rare revision of 2 On 2 Open Ice Challenge. This new revision is 1.2A and marks the only time I have ever seen a version different the standard revision 1.21 that seems to be on all released PCBs.
February 24, 2017
Caps0ff Tackles Sega Chips
February 23, 2017
DU: Chihiro Re/Dumps - Updated
Ordyne is redumping:
Ollie King (GDX-0007)
Wangham Midnight Maximum Tune 2 (GDX-0016)
And this one is a new dump:
Outrun Special Tours English (GDX-0014)
Progetto-SNAPS 0.183 Support Files
Started to update all MAME support files (official and unofficial) on my site (0.183):
Updated and available 02/26/2017 9:25pm:
- arcade.ini (within 'version' package)
- arcade_NOBIOS.ini (within 'version' package)
- catlist.ini (within 'catver' package)
- genre.ini (within 'catver' package)
- genre_OWS.ini (within 'catver' package)
- mature.ini (within 'catver' package)
- mess.ini (within 'version' package)
- renameSET_SL.dat (within 'renameSET' package)
It's ready the new progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat 0.183 for MAME.
* 3.76 2017/02/22: Added 0.183 infos, also update all the other files of the pack.
* 3.75 2017/02/15: Revised and fixed all the calculations from version 0.150 to 0.182.
37.317 items, 33.975 machines (+102), 11.067 parents (+29), 22.908 clones (+73), 70 BIOS, 3.272 device (-3/+39), 821 use CHDs (+2), 1.130 use Samples (+39), Working 11.741 (+41), NotWorking 22.234 (+61), Mechanical 15.165 (+40), NotMechanical 18.880 (+62), 272.757 roms (+827), 271.081 program roms (+789), 488 BIOS roms (+2), 910 CHD roms (+2), 392 sample roms
amiga_paula > paula_8364
excalibr > excalibrf
galpans2 > galpans2j
gamshara > gamsharaj
kof99k > kof99ka
omega > omegab
patinho_feio_cpu > pato_feio_cpu
petshop > petshopa
pitboss > pitboss04
pitbossa > pitboss03
pitbossa1 > pitboss03a
pitbossb > pitbossps
pitbossc > pitbossm4
vblokbrk > vblokbrka
wamazon > wamazona
wamazona > wamazon
February 22, 2017
DU: Elevator Action Death Parade
Ordyne dumped Elevator Action Death Parade (version USA 1.02). Darksoft sent us a dump of the Ferrari F355 Deluxe Export BIOS.
MAMEUI64 .183(A) & Snaps/Icons Released
Thanks as always to Robbbert -
* Updated to MAME 0.183 - https://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (22nd Feb)
* Added/Reorganized 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Dodge Man, Flash Boy (DECO Cassette), Galaxy Games StarPak 3, Omega and Sega Sonic Cosmo Fighter
- New Working games: Donkey Kong 3 (bootleg on Ambush hardware) and Gallop Racer 2
- New Non-Working games: The King of Fighters XII (v1.00), KOF Sky Stage (v1.00J), Mega Card (Ver.0210, encrypted), Star Horse 2001 (satellite, Rev B) and Tsukande Toru Chicchi
- New clones: Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (Japan 960223), Gals Panic S2 (Europe), Gamshara (World, 10021 Ver.A), Head Panic (ver. 0702, 02/07/1999), The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (Korean release), Missile Attack, Momoko 120% (bootleg), Mouse Trap (version 2), The Pit Boss (2214-07, U5-0A), Puzznic (US), Red Hawk (Greece), Speak & Help, Street Fighter EX2 (USA 980312), T.T. Defender, Virtua Bowling (Hong Kong, V101HJS), Virtual On 2: Oratorio Tangram (Revision A), VS Block Breaker (Europe) and Zen Nippon Pro-Wrestling Featuring Virtua (T 971123 V1.000)
- New AGEMAME games: Dolphin Treasure - Cash Express (AHG1606, US), Dragon's Eye (0100521V, NSW/ACT), Golden Pyramids (0100878V, Victoria), K.G. Bird (0200024V, NSW/ACT), Margarita Magic (EHG1558, US), Panther Magic (0100716V, NSW/ACT), Penguin Pirate II (0100869V, Victoria), Pet Shop (0100731V, NSW/ACT), Phantom Pays (0500005V, ... (Read More)
Hi everyone! It's been a busy month for MAME development, and we've got a whole lot of surprises to unwrap today as we continue to celebrate twenty years of MAME. First up, we've added some incredibly rare systems to MAME. Omega is an Arkanoid-inspired arcade game with a production run of about ten boards. Dodge Man is a rare Omori title from 1983. The vertical version of Flash Boy, a DECO Cassette title that borrows more than a little from a well known anime is another very rare game that was at risk of becoming nothing but a memory. Westinghouse Test Console #5 is possibly a one-of-a-kind wire-wrapped prototype machine for field-programming some kind of interlocking equipment (it has a rude easter egg - press X|TRAN in calculator mode to see it). Less rare, but still awesome, are arcade titles Galaxy Games StarPak 3, Sega Sonic Cosmo Fighter, and a U.S. release of Puzznic with the digitised photos intact.
This release adds support for a number of electronic toys/handheld games, including Atari's Touch Me (a clone of Simon, which is itself a clone of an Atari arcade game), GAF Melody Madness, Lakeside Le Boom, and with possibly the most awesome title if not gameplay, LJN's I Took a Lickin' From a Chicken. Many of these games have colourful, clickable artwork. MAME is dedicated to preserving more than just video games, and these systems are great examples of some of the other experiences you can relive through emulation.
If you use MAME's computer emulation and have been frustrated by modifiers not working properly in natural keyboard mode, you'll be pleased to know that this release addresses that. Natural keyboard mode now works properly with many more systems, including Amiga, Sun and RM Nimbus. Speaking of Amiga, we've emulated a 3rd-party variant of the Amiga 1200 keyboard and added support for many different language variants, so chances are you'll be able to use keyboard that matches your Workbench language. And speaking of keyboards, the Zorba keyboard now works properly, so you can try out one of the last luggable CP/M machines.
Other improvements include fixing the crash on encountering invalid cheats, allowing multi-part software list entries to load each part on the correct interface, emulation of the Poly-Play light organ, a brand new preliminary Interpro 2800 driver and Clipper CPU core, support for VIC-20 and C64 speech synthesiser cartridges, support for the Osborne-1 Nuevo Video 80-column modification, protection MCU emulation in Bad Dudes vs. Dragonninja and Bouncing Balls, audio improvements to a number of supported games, and optimisation of the netlist emulation.
Some of these improvements might seem inconsequential, or apply to systems you don't use, but they often lie in common components used by many other systems. For example, the Amiga 1200 and Zorba keyboards use the same MCU family used in a lot of arcade games published by Taito. The same change that fixes the Zorba keyboard also fixes enemy spawning and timing in Xain'd Sleena. The Nuevo Video board uses a common Motorola CRT controller, so improvements made to support it stand to benefit a lot of other systems.
Of course there ... (Read More)
February 21, 2017
DU: Raiden II In Doichee Land
caius dumped Raiden II (Germany)
Duke: Ambush-ing Bootlegs
Duke has a bit of a writeup regarding his recent overhaul of the Ambush hardware driver, check it out at his new development blog:
February 20, 2017
Darksoft Hopped On Naomi For A Little In And Out
Darksoft dumped a Naomi hopper IO board used in Kick'4'Cash and "Prize Ver.B" versions of ShootoutPool and ClubKart.
February 18, 2017
DU: A Couple Of Saturday Bits
BrianT dumped Pit Boss (2214-07, U5-0A). Kevin Eshbach dumped a version of Super Crown's Golf that appears to be licensed to Yuvo. It could be the export version, I'm not sure yet. The version in MAME is Japan region.
February 17, 2017
DU Fundraiser: Most Wanted Early 1980s Game
We are trying to get a ridiculously expensive most wanted shooting game from the early 80s. I guess I shouldn't mention the game name in public though in this day and age I'm really not sure how much good that does. There are only so many places you can get a PCB. I can tell you the name in a private message if you want to see if it's something you want to donate for. It's a most wanted from one of the big name companies and it's outrageously awesome and expensive. We will credit you in the MAME whatsnew if you donate. Click the button below to donate.
Thanks so far for pledges and donations from:
Anonymous Donator from Switzerland
Anonymous Donator from Italy
Mr. Anonymous from Outer Space
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!